For the past few weeks we’ve been talking about about the trend of companies in the SMB Market to be moving their technology to a Cloud Workspace model. Last week in the post Is Your Data Protected Using Cloud Workspaces? we discussed the physical security aspects of a professional data center vs. the typical SMB physical location.
But, when businesses owners talk about the security of their data what they really want to know is how can I trust the data center to maintain the privacy of my data.
Let’s talk about trust and privacy when using a Cloud Workspace.
Google Cloud Platform Privacy and Trust
Genusys has selected Google’s Cloud Platform for as our preferred partner for implementing Cloud Workspaces. In doing so we have confidence that our customer’s data is in secure hands. Here are some of the reasons we are so confident that your data will be kept private.
- Google’s data centers and processes are designed to meet virtually every compliance standard that an SMB might encounter. They are SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3, Hippa, PCI and an alphabet soup list of other compliances, the list of which can be found here.
- Google is vocal about not giving any government entity “backdoor” access to your data or their servers. Google publishes a transparency report on government requests that anyone can access.
- All internet communication to the Cloud Workspace is encrypted while in transit.
- Data stored on the Google Cloud Platform is automatically encrypted at rest and distributed to multiple data centers for availability and reliability. This helps guard against unauthorized access and service interruptions.
- From the physical data center to the custom built servers, networking equipment, and custom security chips to the low-level software stack running on every machine, our entire hardware infrastructure is Google-controlled, -secured, -built, and -hardened.
As you can see a Cloud Workspace offers as much security and privacy as you can need and when coupled with all the benefits in cost and productivity it makes the decision to explore Cloud Workspaces very compelling.
Schedule a Complimentary Consultation
Just click the button below, tell us who you are, how to reach you, and a couple of dates that work for your calendar. We’ll email or call to confirm shortly.Schedule a Consultation