The title promised a 2 minute explanation so here goes!
In its basic form a Cloud Workspace for your company consists of these parts.
- A Domain Controller – This server manages users, user access and file and folder security .
- A part time Backup Domain Controller – This server runs for a short period every day to act as replication store of the information from the Domain controller.
- A RDS Gateway – This server provides a secure tunnel connection between the device you are using to log into the Cloud Workspace and the Cloud Workspace using a secure protocol.
- File Server – This server is where all of your company’s shared data, user desktops, and client applications reside. It is where the day to day guts of the business operation happen.
- Application Server – An as needed server that is typically used for companies that have applications requiring, for example, a SQL Server or other database.
So how do you access your cloud server and what does it look like? Let’s look at an example of logining into your desktop so you can see how it all looks.
First we launch Microsoft’s Remote Desktop Application from our Desktop or Start Menu.
And here we are at our Cloud Workspace! Ready to go with all our applications and data.
Schedule a Complimentary Consultation
Just click the button below, tell us who you are, how to reach you, and a couple of dates that work for your calendar. We’ll email or call to confirm shortly.Schedule a Consultation